Flights to Christchurch
Korea to Christchurch
From Busan, Jeju and more. Per person return
Economy Deal (from ₩993,000*~): Depart Korea from 27 Nov - 13 Dec 2019
Premium Economy Deal : Depart Korea from 27 Nov 2019 - 16 Jan 2020 / 27 Jan 2020 - 30 Jun 2020
Business Premier Deal : Depart Korea from 27 Nov 2019 - 13 Dec 2019 / 11 Feb - 30 Jun 2020
*Promotional Fares Terms and Conditions
1. All prices are quoted in Korean Won (KRW). Please note: credit card transactions on this website are processed outside of Korea and your card provider may charge an additional overseas transaction service fee.
2. The above fares include applicable taxes and surcharges.
3. Tax is subject to currency exchange fluctuation. Final tax amount will be calculated upon confirmation of booking.
4. The above fares are valid for round-trip travel on Air New Zealand from Korea to Auckland, or onward to other New Zealand domestic destinations via Auckland in the same booking.
5. Seats are limited for the above fare and offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
6. Economy Deal (from ₩853,000*): Passengers must complete the purchase online at airnewzealand.kr from 27 Nov - 23 Dec 2019 (Booking class "P", Smart Saver Fare), and depart from Korea between 22 Feb - 30 Jun 2020.
Economy Deal (from ₩993,000*): Passengers must complete the purchase online at airnewzealand.kr from 27 Nov - 23 Dec 2019 (Booking class "P", Smart Saver Fare), and depart from Korea between 27 Nov - 13 Dec 2019.
Premium Economy Deal: Passengers must complete the purchase online at airnewzealand.kr from 27 Nov - 23 Dec 2019 (Booking class "A", Smart Saver Fare), and depart from Korea between 27 Nov 2019 - 16 Jan 2020 / 27 Jan - 30 Jun 2020.
Business Premier Deal: Passengers must complete the purchase online at airnewzealand.kr from 27 Nov - 23 Dec 2019 (Booking class "J", Smart Saver Fare), and depart from Korea between 27 Nov 2019 - 13 Dec 2019 / 11 Feb - 30 Jun 2020.
7. Stopover at Auckland in each direction is allowed free of charge and must be booked in the same transaction as the Korea - New Zealand flights
8. Ticket validity: 12 months.
9. Cancellation: Refund subject to cancellation penalty of ₩300,000 for totally unused ticket only. Partially used tickets may be non-refundable. See detailed fare conditions.
10. Changes: Unlimited changes permitted, incurring a revalidation/reissue fee of ₩150,000 per change. (waived if upgraded to higher cabin). Tickets are not transferable to another person. See detailed fare conditions.
11. No Show Change: Charge 50% of fare paid for unused ticket. One date change is permitted at a charge of 50% of the fare paid. For partially used ticket, the unused coupon are non-refundable. The ticket cannot be used towards further travel, or rebooked for an alternate travel date. See detailed fare conditions.
12. Air New Zealand reserves the right to change the above conditions and any routing exclusion without prior notice.
13. See fare conditions for details of penalties and handling fees of cancellation, refund, change and no show. Other restrictions may apply.
14. In case of inconsistency between the English and Korean versions of these Terms, the English version shall prevail.
#Please refer to the Year-round Fares Terms and Conditions at the bottom of page.
Explore the great outdoors
In the city centre, a low speed limit, wide footpaths, pedestrian-only streets, parks and ample cycle lanes make Christchurch easy to explore. The botanic gardens and Hagley Park are handy central green spaces for communing with nature. You can also glide along the Avon River in canoes, kayaks, row boats or romantic Edwardian punts.
The Port Hills deliver hiking and mountain biking adventures with spectacular long range views. If uphill treks are not your thing, check out the Christchurch Gondola or the chairlift at Christchurch Adventure Park, where you can also hire mountain bikes and descend a range of trails or sign up to experience New Zealand's longest and highest zipline rides. It's high on the list of fun things to do in Christchurch. For adventure in the treetops, with challenging bridges, nets, swings and flying foxes, head to Adrenalin Forest in Spencer Park, about 20 minutes north of the city.
Christchurch has transformed into a captivating urban centre: a place to discover great historic and modern architecture, a chance to explore street art and new retail concepts, and an opportunity to enjoy a food and drink scene where creativity is the key ingredient. This is all topped off by a growing number of adventure activities that deliver a huge view of the city while you get your thrills.
About our flights to Christchurch
Air New Zealand offers non-stop domestic flights to Christchurch from Auckland, Rotorua, Wellington, Queenstown and Dunedin, with connecting flights from most other regional centres. With all our domestic airfares you can choose seat, seat+bag, flexitime or flexidate fare types. Scheduled flight times are: Auckland to Christchurch one hour 25 minutes; Rotorua to Christchurch one hour 55 minutes; Wellington to Christchurch one hour 50 minutes; Queenstown to Christchurch flights 65 minutes; Dunedin to Christchurch 65 minutes.
The urban renewal throughout central Christchurch is truly captivating. Exciting modern low-rise architecture is popping up to complement the city's beautiful historic landmarks.
Where to go and what to see in Christchurch
Be ready to roam when you arrive in Christchurch, because there's architectural, retail and hospitality excitement waiting around every corner. The new urban plan that's unfolding includes laneways, pedestrian-only precincts, imagination-fuelled playgrounds and revamped historic sites that tell extraordinary stories. In this ever-evolving city, your eyes will be wide with wonder.
Discover a perfect blend of heritage and innovation
The urban renewal throughout central Christchurch is truly compelling. Exciting modern low-rise architecture is popping up to complement the city's beautiful historic landmarks. Retail and restaurant precincts have been reshaped to include open streetscapes and cosy new laneways full of energy and character. Even the pedestrian lights have embraced innovation, with sensors and built-in intelligence to minimise waiting.
In Oxford Terrace, a row of bold new buildings with restaurant balconies and on-street dining areas overlooks tiered public spaces and gardens along the river bank. In contrast to this modernity, the beautifully restored 1930s buildings of New Regent Street are painted in their original pastel shades. You can make the most of inner city Christchurch sightseeing by travelling on hop-on hop-off historic trams that trundle slowly through the modern precincts, as well as the arts and museums districts.
Out of town by the airport, the International Antarctic Centre blends high-tech attractions with real world experiences to create one of the top Christchurch attractions. Here you can ride in Hagglund Antarctic vehicles, meet the resident rescue penguins, experience an ice voyage in 4D, step onto the ice for an arctic storm and browse displays to learn about the history of Antarctic exploration and Christchurch's ongoing role as the gateway to Antarctica.
Immerse yourself in creative arts
Creativity is a big part of Christchurch culture. As you wander the streets you can't help but be impressed by the scale and quality of street art from local and international artists. The striking, glass fronted Christchurch Art Gallery is free to visit and houses a vast collection of important works, from classics to modern art. To get the most from your experience, you can join a free guided tour or listen to audio guides on your smartphone. Close to the gallery, the historic Arts Centre building is home to small exhibitions and shops selling exceptional local art and crafts. Modern and abstract art lovers should also head to CoCA, the Centre of Contemporary Art on Gloucester Street.
Live theatre has been strong in Christchurch for generations. Before you visit, check what's on at The Court Theatre and book ahead to avoid disappointment. It's home to New Zealand's oldest and largest theatre company and there's always a great range of shows to choose from. Another Christchurch favourite is the Isaac Theatre Royal, a beautifully restored Edwardian theatre built in 1908 that showcases music, musicals, comedy, dance and drama.
Best time to go
Because many of its attractions are cultural, Christchurch is a great experience in any season.
How much will it cost?
Not including air travel and hotels, you should allow about NZD $100 to $150 a day per person for food and entertainment.
There are no mandatory vaccinations required for visitors to New Zealand.
Auckland (AKL) to Christchurch (CHC)
Wellington (WLG) to Christchurch (CHC)
Queenstown (ZQN) to Christchurch (CHC)
Dunedin (DUD) to Christchurch (CHC)
*Flight times are based on the fastest route available.
**Indirect flights may also be available for this route.