Use of the inflight portal
- access, transmit, store, or display any obscene or indecent images or defamatory or abusive language;
- gain unauthorised access to any computer, account, or network;
- create or distribute any virus, Trojan horse or other destructive software;
- do anything that is likely to adversely interfere with the provision of the inflight portal;
- circumvent the security measures of any internet or computer system;
- modify, copy, alter, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from the inflight portal;
- use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy the inflight portal or the content contained therein or for any other unauthorized purpose;
- use any device, software or routine to interfere with or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the inflight portal or any activities conducted on this site; or
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Air New Zealand's infrastructure
Limitations of liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Air New Zealand and its suppliers:
- make no representations about the suitability of the inflight portal, nor the information, software, products and services contained on the inflight portal. The inflight portal and all such information, software, products and services are (to the fullest extent permitted by law) provided 'as is' and without warranty of any kind;
- disclaim all warranties and conditions with regards to the inflight portal and the information, software, products and services contained on the inflight portal, including(without limitation) all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement; and
- even if Air New Zealand and/or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of damages, are not liable (whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise) for any loss or damage (including direct or indirect loss, or special or consequential loss) arising out of or in connection with: (i) your use of (or inability to use) the inflight portal; (ii) any harm to, breach in security of, your computer, mobile or other device by unauthorised third parties; (iii) access to or loss of your information; or (iv) intercepted transactions or data. In the event that, notwithstanding the foregoing, Air New Zealand and/or its suppliers do have any liability to you arising out of, or in relation to, the inflight portal such liability is (to the fullest extent permitted by law) limited to the amount you paid for access to the inflight portal on the relevant flight
Links to third party websites
The inflight portal may contain links and pointers to Internet sites maintained by third parties. Neither Air New Zealand nor its suppliers operate or control in any respect any information, products or services on such third party sites. Third party links and pointers are included solely for the convenience of users, and do not constitute any endorsement by Air New Zealand and/or its suppliers. You assume sole responsibility for use of third party links and pointers. Air New Zealand does not control, nor is it in any way liable for, data or content that you access or receive via the inflight portal. The Internet contains unedited materials, some of which may be sexually explicit or offensive to you or others. While Air New Zealand endeavours to restrict such content, Air New Zealand has no control over and accepts no responsibility for such materials. It is your responsibility to evaluate the value and integrity of goods and services offered by third parties accessible via the inflight portal. Air New Zealand will not be a party to nor in any way be responsible or liable for any transaction concerning third party goods and services. You are responsible for all consents, royalties and fees related to third party vendors whose sites, products or services you access, buy or use via the inflight portal. If you choose to use the Service to access web sites or content provided by third parties or purchase products or services from third parties, then your personal information may be available to the third party provider. The way third parties handle and use your personal information related to the use of their services is governed by their policies and Air New Zealand has no responsibility for their policies, or third parties' compliance with them.
Surveys and other communication forums
To the extent that the inflight portal contains survey or other communication facilities ('forums') you must only use such forums to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular forum. By way of example, and not as a limitation, when using a forum, you must not:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information;
- upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless the User owns or controls the rights thereto or has received all necessary consents;
- upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's device;
- delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded;
- falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or engage in surveys, contests, chain letters or for any commercial purpose; or
- download any file that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed via the inflight portal. You must comply with all applicable laws and any additional policies or procedures published in the inflight portal from time to time by Air New Zealand.
Air New Zealand reserves the right for any reason to remove without notice any contents on the inflight portal received from users, and to deny in its sole discretion any user access to the inflight portal or any portion thereof without notice. Air New Zealand reserves the right to edit any notices or postings for clarity and length.You acknowledge that any communications forums hosted by the inflight portal are public and not private communications, and that postings and other communications by other users are not endorsed by Air New Zealand or its suppliers, and such communications are not reviewed, screened, or approved by Air New Zealand or its suppliers.
Copyright and trademark notices
All content of the inflight portal is: ©Air New Zealand Limited and/or its suppliers. All rights are reserved. Unless otherwise indicated, all service marks, trademarks, and logos, whether registered or not, as well as trade dress, located on the inflight portal are the sole and exclusive property of Air New Zealand. Any other product and company names mentioned on the inflight portal may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Personal data submitted by you in the accessing or using the inflight portal is subject to Air New Zealand's privacy statement. While Air New Zealand takes all necessary technical and organisational steps to ensure the security of the inflight portal, it is not responsible for the loss or destruction of any personal data that you transmit while using the inflight portal and Air New Zealand excludes all liability of any kind in relation to the content, loss, destruction or security of personal data and all other data that you send or receive while using the inflight portal.
Personal information and cookies we collect