Frequently asked travel queries
Our website is full of information to help throughout your journey. We recommend checking for details prior to reaching out to our Contact Centre, Social Media, and Email Support teams for further assistance.
Flight Disruptions and your rights:
- Should your flight be affected by a significant delay, cancellation, or schedule change, please click here to explore your options.
Airpoints membership information:
- If you have upcoming flights, sign in to your account to tailor your travel alerts.
- Having trouble signing in? Retrieve your username or reset your password online.
- Easily claim missing Airpoints Dollars via our website.
- Find more helpful tips about Airpoints here.
Flight and booking assistance:
- Monitor the status of your flight here.
- View, change or cancel bookings, add a seat request or extra bag*, via Manage Bookings.
- Check-in up to 24 hours before your flight via the Air NZ app or our website.
- Find out more about credits and refunds here. If you hold an existing credit with us, view and use yours with our online credit tool.
Credits issued on or prior to 30 September 2022 are valid to use until 31 January 2024.
Credits issued from 1 October 2022 onwards are valid for 12 months from their date of issue.
- Review your travel requirements before arriving at the airport.
- If you're heading off around Aotearoa with your pet, find out what's required.
- For customers travelling between Auckland and Perth, find out more about the Wamos Air experience.
- Check the airport websites for Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, or Queenstown to confirm their opening hours for those early departures.
As all vaccination, pre-departure, and entry requirements are set by the Governments of each transit/destination country, there is no need to reach out to us to confirm the information shown online.
Other points to keep in mind:
- For customers looking to use a credit to make a new booking, please note that credits can't be combined with Airpoints Dollars. Once your credit has been applied, any remaining amount will need to be paid for using a credit/debit card or via POLi internet banking.
- Prepaid extra bags* are only available when your journey is solely operated by Air New Zealand. If another airline makes up part of your journey, excess baggage fees will apply at check-in based on the baggage rules of your ticket.
- While you are not required to show proof of vaccination to travel on an Air New Zealand operated service, any vaccination and pre-departure testing requirements of your transit or destination countries still apply.
- As of 20 October 2022, you are no longer required to complete a New Zealand Traveller Declaration.
- Battery-powered devices such as baggage trackers are now able to be carried in checked baggage while still in ‘on’ mode. Check specific requirements here.
We also recommend downloading the Air NZ app to stay up to date with your bookings.