Travelling or returning to Asia
These requirements may change before you travel, so be sure to check regularly. Failure to meet local requirements may result in denied boarding.
Travel to Mainland China
- The People's Republic of China border remains closed to most foreign nationals.
- Check you meet entry, health, and immigration requirements for Mainland China.
Health Check QR Code required for Check-in
- All passengers must present a valid Green Health Status (HS) QR Code or Green Health Declaration (HDC) QR Code for check-in.
- You will need to upload your pre-departure test result and proof of vaccination, along with other required documents.
- For further information please see FAQs for Applying for Health Code.
- All passengers must also complete an Electronic Health Declaration Form 24 hours prior to arriving in Mainland China.
Transit New Zealand
- Passengers can now transit via Auckland to China, but must present evidence of a Green Health Status (HS) or Health Declaration (HDC) QR code, and a E-Health Declaration form, at their initial departure airport.
Travel to Hong Kong
- Check you meet entry, health, and immigration requirements for Hong Kong.
All travellers must present the below documents at check-in:
- Passengers aged 12 years and older who are not Hong Kong residents are required to show proof of being fully vaccinated. This will be verified as part of the online Health and Quarantine Information Declaration (see below). Passengers who are residents of Hong Kong do not need to provide proof of vaccination.
- A negative result from a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) taken within 24hours of the last point of departure to Hong Kong. This is applicable to passengers 3 years and older.
- eg. CHC-AKL-HKG, passengers must present a negative pre-departure test within 24hrs of departing Auckland.
Please note that a pre-departure test is not required for passengers transferring or transiting Hong Kong.
Health declaration system
- All travellers must complete a Health Declaration Form.
- You can start the form up to three days before your day of arrival.
- After submitting the online form, the system will generate a QR code.
- Please save the result by clicking 'Save QR Code' or taking a screenshot to present to staff at check-in, or upon arrival in Hong Kong.
For further information, see the Hong Kong Government's inbound travel website.
Travel to Japan
- Check you meet entry, health, and immigration requirements for Japan.
- Managed quarantine or self-isolation is required.
- All passengers who present a vaccination certificate that states they have received any 3 doses of an approved vaccine are deemed 'Fully Vaccinated', and will not require a COVID-19 pre-departure test.
- Unvaccinated passengers 17 years or younger are to be considered 'Fully Vaccinated', if accompanied by a parent or a guardian (whom they live with) is 'Fully Vaccinated' with 3 doses.
- Children younger than 6 years old do not need to present proof of testing– if the accompanying parent or guardian has a negative COVID-19 test or is considered 'Fully Vaccinated'.
Pre-departure testing for unvaccinated travellers
- Passengers who have not received 3 doses of vaccine are required to present proof of a negative Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) COVID-19 test at most 72 hours prior to departure.
- There are mandatory 'data elements' that must be included on a pre-departure test result certificate.
- Find out more or download the Japanese Government Certificate of Testing for COVID-19 form.
Fast Track App
- You can pre-register for airport quarantine procedures with Fast Track before you enter Japan.
- If you use Fast Track, please remember to carry paper copies of your documentation to present at check-in.
International transit via Narita
International transit is permitted for all foreign nationals on strict conditions: :
- Passengers must hold 'confirmed same-day connection' with the other airline and all entry and health requirements for their next destination/s are met prior to check-in acceptance. They must remain airside and proceed directly to the Transit Security point International transit passengers who remain airside in NRT are exempt from the COVID-19 test requirements.
- Passengers meet all entry and health requirements for Japan, with a transit via Haneda (HND).
Travel to Singapore
- Check you meet entry, health, and immigration requirements for Singapore.
Pre-departure testing for unvaccinated passengers
- Fully Vaccinated travellers and children 12 years of age and under do not require a pre-departure test.
- If you are required to take a pre-departure test, your result will need to be printed, and cannot be handwritten.
- You may need to present proof of full vaccination to enter Singapore.
Singapore digital arrival card
- All passengers must submit an Electronic Singapore Arrival Card with a Health Declaration via the SG Arrival Card e-Service.
- All travellers must download the TraceTogether mobile app prior to arriving in Singapore.
- The TraceTogether app supports Singapore's efforts to combat COVID-19 by enabling community-driven contact tracing.
For further information, see the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority.
Travel to South Korea
- Check you meet entry, health, and immigration requirements for South Korea.
- Eligible passengers travelling on passports from visa-waiver countries will require a K-ETA. If eligible, please apply for a K-ETA at least 24 hours prior to boarding.
Pre-departure testing, vaccination and documentation
- Pre-departure tests are no longer required for travel to South Korea.
- You are no longer required to be vaccinated to enter South Korea.
- You can choose to prepare for your arrival with the Q-Code app.
Travel to Taiwan
- Taiwan's borders are open to nationals from all visa-waiver countries as well as countries who have diplomatic relations with Taiwan.
- Check you meet entry, health, and immigration requirements for Taiwan.
- All COVID-19 restrictions for passengers entering Taiwan have been removed.